Welcome to NBEDC’s online application portal!
If you’ve used Submittable before and have an existing account, you will need to enter your login credentials. If it’s your first time using Submittable, you will need to create a new account. All you need is an email and password to create your account, it's that simple. We will follow up with you about your application through Submittable. Please be sure the email address you use to sign up for your Submittable account is one that you check regularly.
NB100! is a new program offered by the New Bedford Economic Development Council (NBEDC) to promote entrepreneurship, grow local wealth, and strengthen community bonds.
This program is made possible in part through the U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA) Community Navigator Program. In this effort, we wish to achieve an outcome where we serve one hundred entrepreneurs through our “Spoke” Partners who provide outreach and technical assistance to prepare, make aware, and put entrepreneurs in direct contact to avenues for funding that advances their next stage of development.
Our Spoke Partners include EforAll South Coast, Groundwork, Co-Creative Center/New Bedford Creative, New Bedford Ocean Cluster, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, Bristol Community College, and Junior Achievement of Southern MA. Through NB100!, participants will have an opportunity to apply for a $10,000 kickstarter grant after completing technical assistance programming through one of our Spoke Partners.
We hope to create long-term successes that will have positive impacts on New Bedford neighborhoods. We understand that socially and economically disadvantaged entrepreneurs have historically been disproportionately disenfranchised, especially throughout the pandemic; therefore, there will be a special emphasis on reaching women, minority, and veteran clients.
This comprehensive technical support program will be delivered through New Bedford SourceLink, a supportive online platform that connects maritime, arts+culture, and main street entrepreneurs to a network of local, regional, and national resources.
In order to be eligible, entrepreneurs must:
- Be a for-profit entity
- Be based within New Bedford
- Be in business for no more than 24 months
All questions are required unless otherwise stated. To meet all SBA and Treasury Department funding requirements, the NB100! application is broken into three phases:
- Eligibility (we want to confirm that you’re eligible for the program)
- Business Demographics (we want to understand who you are)
- Grant Application (after completing your technical assistance through one of our Spoke Partners, you may apply for the kickstarter grant)
Also, Submittable will automatically save as you proceed through the application, so you can take breaks if you wish. If you need additional support, please contact NB100@nbedc.org.
NBForward! is a new small business assistance program offered by the New Bedford Economic Development Council (NBEDC)
that provides resources for existing businesses to get through the challenges of the next phase of our pandemic recovery while looking toward investing in and preparing for, greater future success.
We will be offering grants of up to $20,000 in conjunction with matching financing and other technical assistance (business planning, resource guidance, best practices, etc.). Grant funds shall be matched with an NBEDC loan with deferred payments for three months. The minimum loan amount is $10,000, and the maximum loan amount is $200,000.
Eligible businesses will include:
- For-profit businesses that have a physical location and be registered within the City of New Bedford (evidenced by providing business tax return filings) continue to suffer adverse effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- For-profit businesses that have been in operation for at least two years and are located in New Bedford are evidenced by providing business licenses.
- Businesses that are chains or franchises are not eligible to apply to this program.
- Businesses including liquor and tobacco stores, pawn shops, adult entertainment establishments, passive real estate investments, or businesses that do not meet all local, state, and federal laws and restrictions are ineligible.
All questions are required unless otherwise stated. Also, Submittable will automatically save as you proceed through the application, so you can take breaks if you wish. If you need additional support, please contact NBForward@nbedc.org.
“In New Bedford, the creative community is an engaged and powerful partner, inspiring social, economic, and cultural growth. In this authentic seaport city, each and every person enjoys an opportunity to experience a diversity of cultures. Art is everywhere, encouraging fun, provoking thought, and nurturing the soul.” — Vision of Arts + Culture Plan, New Bedford Creative: our art, our culture, our future
ARTnet is a new artist recovery and training network to help artists recover from the economic impacts of the pandemic by providing financial support, business planning support, training workshops, and access to a network of creative-entrepreneur peers.
ARTnet will include cohort-based learning in business and finance, 1-on-1 technical assistance and mentoring, and working capital grants for artists based in New Bedford. The majority of artists will be selected on the basis of their negative financial circumstances caused by the pandemic, and their readiness to benefit from the opportunity.
Each artist will receive:
- $4,000 working capital grant
- support creating a strategic business plan that outlines the business/career goals for moving forward in a post-COVID economy
- priority sign-up for a series of business or professional technical assistance workshops
- access to a community cohort of artist peers
In addition to the cash award, the selected participants will be required to attend a minimum of six monthly peer-cohort meetings, four professional development workshops or meetings, and submit a business/career plan no later than one year after receiving the award. The workshops will be provided by organizations such as Co-Creative Center, New Bedford Creative, New Bedford Economic Development Council (NBEDC), SouthCoast Community Foundation, and others.
The ARTnet ARPA Grant Program is supported by federal award number SLFRP1067 awarded to The City of New Bedford by the U.S. Department of the Treasury. Facilitated by New Bedford Creative housed at the New Bedford Economic Development Council, this program is one component to respond to the public health emergency caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
In order to be eligible, applicants must:
- Be based in New Bedford, MA: residing full-time and/or making work full-time in New Bedford, Massachusetts.
- Be a “Practicing artist,” who is self/community-taught, institutionally trained, or a combination of both.
- Must have been a “practicing artist” since before January 1, 2020 (must have been impacted by the pandemic), OR be located in a HUD-designated Qualified Census Tract (please see attached map – click here)
“Practicing artist”definition: Individuals who identify as an artist, culture bearer, or culture maker – someone who regularly engages in artistic or cultural practice to: express themselves with the intention of communicating richly to or sharing with others; pass on traditional knowledge and cultural practices; offer cultural resources to their communities; and/or co-organize and co-create within communities toward social impacts. Individuals who aspire to sustain themselves through their practice and maintain a commitment to continuing their practice. This includes individuals who can work alone and/or collaboratively, or as educators within their field of practice.
All questions are required unless otherwise stated. Also, Submittable will automatically save as you proceed through the application, so you can take breaks if you wish.
Although there is no deadline, if you want to be considered for the first round we recommend submitting your application before midnight on Sunday, October 2, 2022. If you have any questions regarding your application, you may contact Margo Saulnier at email@example.com.